- The Official referee scheduling body for all games under the jurisdiction of Missouri Hockey.
- The provider of on ice officials for USAH District and National Tournaments held in the State of Missouri and the St. Louis area.
- The provider of off ice officials for any sanctioned USA Hockey games and event
- Promoting the sport of amateur ice hockey through the development of on ice officials.
- Encouraging the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship by providing safe and fair environments in which to conduct competitions.
- To serve as an affiliated member of USA Hockey, Inc. (a 501(c)(3) organization) and to work with other affiliated members to further amateur ice hockey.
- To provide training and education programs for on ice officials and other members of USA Hockey Inc.
- To provide on-going review and supervision of on ice officials and to assure that the highest standards of conduct and integrity are maintained.
Our officials are USA Hockey certified and trained by certified USAH instructors to provide each official with the required USA Hockey classroom instruction and certification testing. MIHOA has a trained evaluation staff which evaluates a large number of officials each year and provides valuable feedback and points of emphasis for on and off ice improvement.