NOTE: for the 2020-21 season, to qualify for membership with MIHOA, you must be 14 years old on or before December 31, 2020.
To be eligible to officiate games with MIHOA in Missouri and Illinois, you must:
- Be at least 14 years old on our before December 31 of the first year of the registration season. This is a MIHOA requirement.
- Register with USA Hockey and apply for certification as an on-ice official.
- Attend and complete a USA Hockey sanctioned officiating seminar for the same level that you have applied to USA Hockey for certification.
- Complete the USA Hockey open book exam and achieve a passing score for level applied.
- If an adult, complete and pass the USA Hockey background screening.
- If born in 2003 (or earlier) by June 1 of the current year, complete USA Hockey SafeSport training.
- Agree to Policies for Membership in the Missouri Ice Hockey Officials Association.
For the latest updates about seminars, please visit our blog.