To be eligible to officiate games in Missouri and Illinois by MIHOA, you must:
- Be at least 12 years of old BEFORE Aug 1st of the 1st year of the registration season. This is a MIHOA requirement.
- Register with USA Hockey and apply for certification as an on ice official.
- Attend and complete a USA Hockey sanctioned Officiating Seminar for the same level that you have applied to USA Hockey for certification.
- Complete the USA Hockey Open Book test and get a passing score for level applied.
- Complete and pass the background screening and and be listed on the Missouri Hockey list of screened persons if your are 18 years of age or older. Must be completed within 30 days of 18th birthday if you turn 18 during registration season.
- Become a member of the Missouri Ice Hockey Officials Association.
Please visit the Registration Process and Registration Tips pages for further inforkmaton
Registration and certification with the USA Hockey Officiating Program does not guarantee any official any game assignments. Officials are responsible to obtain their own game assignments from local game schedulers as designated in each District.